Monday, January 4, 2010

The start of our IVF journey

Dave and I have decided that we are going to start IVF. It's been a really hard decision because it is so much money to do and it's not guaranteed. However it has a much higher success rate that the IUI's we have been doing. IVF has a 60% success rate, I have great insurance coverage for it so we are going for it. Today Monday, January 4th I went to my RE for a cycle day 4 check up. I had an ultrasound and bloodwork done. I got my results early afternoon and everything was fine so tomorrow I start taking the birth control pills. My dr's nurse looked over to make sure all of my tests were up to date, most everything was except I have to have a saline ultrasound done. I made my appointment as soon as I could so I will be going for that on Thursday, the 7th. One other thing I was told was to call the IVF coordinator for a consultation at the clinic. I did that as soon as I was given the go ahead for starting everything up. The appointment is for Friday the 15th, I will find out more at that appointment. This is all starting to seem so surreal before it was all talk about doing IVF, now it's so real... I'm so very excited to be moving along in my journey yet I'm also quite nervous and thoughts keep running through my head, what if this doesn't work. What if I can't get pregnant from this. I'm trying to stay positive and know that this will work but it's very hard. I'm just glad for the support and love from my friends and family. This is an exciting time in our lives yet also a very stressful one. I will try to be more up to date on this stuff it's hard but I will try especially during this exciting journey!

2 comments: