Saturday, March 6, 2010

HOLY SCHNIKIES IT'S TIME!!!

I can't believe it's here already!!! I can't explain how my feelings are excited, nervous, happy!!! AHHH So yesterday I had an early appointment with my RE for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I knew I wouldn't get results until later on in the afternoon, so I was pretty nervous. I honestly didn't ask how many follicles I had because I don't want to sit there and analyze it, I'm just going with the flow. I worked at a different office the last couple days, a very small 3 person credit union just merged with us and I was out there for moral support since this was their first week going live with us. I knew I'd be getting a call from the IVF nurse and I got absolutely NO reception in the building, so until I heard my phone beep at me that I had a message I kept looking at it.

Finally at about 2:20pm Anna the nurse had called me and went over my medication instructions, she was said, "Good news, you will be coming in for your egg retrieval on Sunday!" Holy schnikies!!! I can't believe how fast that came up... I quickly hung up my phone and my mouth was wide open. I dialed to listen again to the voicemail and this time I listened to the whole message. She said, that I no longer have to do the follistim or menapur, at 7 to do 2 ovidrel shots and then at my regular time to do another ganirelix shot. Then she proceeded to tell me on saturday with dinner to take 2 azithromycin tablets and then after midnight not to eat or drink anything.

IT'S HERE!!! Sunday I go in a 7:15 and I know when we went in for our IVF consultation meeting in January we were told to plan on being there awhile, but I really don't remember how long she had said. I honestly really don't care I am so ready for this and excited!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Amanda! I hope everything goes smoothly and you get a nice BFP in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete